FCA, B Com (H)
Co -founder and Group Managing Partner
Leader Indirect Tax, India and UAE
India - GSTExpertise
Director at Morison Menon Group- VAT - UAE
India Mobile –91-9899616182
Dubai - +971589025579
- He is a qualified Chartered Accountant and has around 10 years of experience in indirect tax consulting
- Panel Expert of GST for various Trade Unions to represent before Ministry of Finance
- Had worked as Manager with EY in Indirect Taxation
- He has been managing VAT,Service tax, Excise, Customs, SEZ related regulatory advisory, Foreign Trade benefits , Professional tax advisory including VAT Compliance for different companies.
- Leading the Indirect Tax Practice of India and UAE
- Had trained in various Indirect Tax areas including GST to 1500 CA’s , Lawyers and interns including Indirect Tax Consultants in EY newly recruited on PAN India basis
- Invited as panel Expert by Goa chamber of commerce, IP University, All India tour operator association, All Indian Transport Association and other chamber of commerce
- Invited as judge by IP University for their National Case development competitions in 2017
- Awarded by PunjabKesari for its support for obtaining regulatory approvals for non profitable organization
- Implemented GST at ITDC group including Handholding Support post Implementation
- Handled Pre Implementation support of GST for the Hospitality Industry, Tourism, Event Management, Textile Manufacturing Industry, Media and Publishing House, Logistics, Telecom companies and top security companies
- Assisted the companies in identifying the issues which are there under the GST regime on which representation needs to be filed
- Prepared handbook of the Frequently asked questions on GST for various companies
- Successfully plotted GST impact for each business transactions for companies with range size of Rs 100 Cr – Rs. 3000 Cr of turnover.
- End to End assistance in the GST Implementation.
- He has effectively handled a wide range of indirect taxation matters.
Key areas of expertise include transaction structuring, tax reviews, due diligences, tax modelling, compliance, litigation and end-to-end indirect tax advisory.
- Assisted Logistics Company in setting up bonded warehouse in Dubai wherein his role was to analyze the feasibility study of the transaction from Indirect Tax standpoint
- He has effectively managed VAT and service tax advisory and compliance for various multinational companies (Telecom, Trading company and leasing Company) on PAN India
- Filed various representations before the CBEC on various Indirect Tax issues under the present regime
- Successfully obtained positive judgments by represented before various Appellate Authorities on technical grounds
- Experience in handling assessment and appeal proceedings before VAT authorities of different States
- Obtained Landmark judgments in VAT which had resolved the issue for manufacturing companies in Chennai